Do You Live In A Stone Built House?

If you live in a stone built house and have had cavity wall insulation installed on a scheme where you had it fitted ‘free’. The likelihood is that the insulation is a type of expandable foam that is put into the cavity under pressure.

You may have been told before, that cavity wall insulation wasn’t possible in your house because of the irregular stone sizes. Then along comes a firm saying that their type of insulation is suitable.

If fitted properly the insulation will do its job. If the workmanship was poor quality your home could be badly affected with damp and mould, leading to expensive future repair costs.

If you did have this type of insulation installed, and you now have damp patches on your walls, or there are areas of black mould, has the wallpaper started peeling from the wall or the plaster has bubbled and damaged?

Did you have this problem before? If you didn’t there is a strong chance that the expandable foam insulation is causing the problem.

If you have the problems mentioned, contact us today we have solicitors waiting to work for you on a NO WIN, NO FEE basis. Solicitors are winning enough compensation to have the major work repaired and save you a lot of future hardship.

CONTACT US NOW, OR COMPLETE THE CONTACT PAGE AND WE WILL CALL YOU, DO NOT DELAY.

ONE Sign That ‘Almost Guarantees’ Your House Is Infested With BLACK Mould

MOULD in your house is bad for your health. This is one sign of black mould that ‘almost guarantees’ your house is infested with the dangerous spores and fungi. Express.co.uk explores damp mould on walls and how to get rid of mould.

Black mould can cause a range of health problems, which can be very problematic.

The NHS says “if you have damp and mould you’re more likely to have respiratory problems, respiratory infections, allergies or asthma.

“Damp and mould can also affect the immune system.”

Whether you rent or own your home – make sure you are living mould free to avoid the unpleasant side effects and potentially long term health problems.

Toxic black mould is also known as ‘stachybotrys’, and is usually associated with poor air quality in the home.

Website Home Guides has claimed that a smell can indicate whether black mould is present.

“To tell if black mould may be growing in your home, just follow your nose,” the website says.

“A musty, earthy smell, like dirt and rotting leaves, is a telltale sign of mould’s presence.”

Black mould smells especially strong, so a strong odour is the first clue that a house needs to be inspected.

Visually black mould also looks a little different to other kinds of mould – which also pose health problems though maybe not as severe.

“Stachybotrys is usually greenish-black and somewhat slimy or wet, but may also appear grayish with a sooty, powdery texture,” the website says.

No matter what the mould in your home looks like, the website always recommends having any mould removed.

The NHS adds: “Some people are more sensitive than others, including babies and children, elderly people and those with existing skin problems, such as eczema.

“Moulds produce allergens (substances that can cause an allergic reaction), irritants and, sometimes, toxic substances.

“Inhaling or touching mould spores may cause an allergic reaction, such as sneezing, a runny nose, red eyes and skin rash.”

How do you get rid of a bees nest in your home? There are different types of bees in the UK, all of which may require different treatment methods, and sometimes you have to act quickly to avoid damage to your home.

Via http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/808404/signs-of-black-mould